We finally finished upgrading the KDE Community Forums to a shiny new board!
We changed a range of things, some of them being:
- The board software: KDE Community Forum now uses phpBB 3.0.5. We thank all phpBB team members, especially Chris Smith (cs278), Ashley Pinner (NeoThermic), Nils Adermann (naderman) for always being around and monitoring the progress.
- A great new theme, a fine work by one of our admins, Ingo Malchow (neverendingo)
- A fresh new look to KDE Brainstorm:
- Topic tagging and tag cloud
- A little more AJAX here and there
- A lot of optimizations
We hope to have a smooth ride with this nascent change. Many thanks to the forum staff who made this possible.
Oh, and as there have been numerous things to look at, it is probable that we missed out a broken edge somewhere, since afterall, we are all humans
So if you find a bug anywhere on the forum, we request you to report it at the Upgrade problems thread or inform a staffer at #kde-forum on irc.freenode.net (See /msg sKreamer forumstaff for a list of staff)
Thanks, and enjoy!