December - 23 - 2008

This weekend, KDE Forum will have it’s first Klassroom session. This one would be involving coding (patching/bug fixing).
msoeken will present 5 KSnapshot bugs and will help the participating students to fix them.

As this is the first session, a limit of 5 students has been kept.
If you wish to participate in the session, reply to this thread as soon as possible. The thread will be locked as soon as there are 5 participants (or in any case, the first 5 will be selected).
Also, don’t forget to read the prerequisites mentioned in the thread.

5 Responses to “KDE Forum Klassroom: Kourse 1”

1. Jonathan Thomas says:

Don’t you know that replacing C’s with K’s is so KDE3? In KDE4 you must come up with some abstract name that has nothing to do with anything. You must call these courses “Los Grancholes”.

Agree. Plus, nice name šŸ˜‰
    But a bit late. We are planning this since about a week now. If you had suggested this in my last blog post, we’d love to change it.

I’d say that our admin neverendingo (and me too) wants to wait and see how the idea of ‘C’lassroom goes. After we get the ball rollin, we can definitely do this change.

Cheers

3. fengshaun says:

I’m just too late! *crying* But I really wanted to be in that klassroom, would you care to do it again? or just accept some more students as visitors?? I have always wanted to code for KDE but I could never get started because it all seemed so scary. I have a little C++/Qt experience (see http://code.google.com/p/onlinetictactoe), and I would really appreciate it if you would let me in as a visitor or something!

let me know of your decision through email,
    Thanks!

Iā€™m just too late! *crying* But I really wanted to be in that klassroom, would you care to do it again? or just accept some more students as visitors?? I have always wanted to code for KDE but I could never get started because it all seemed so scary. I have a little C++/Qt experience (see http://code.google.com/p/onlinetictactoe), and I would really appreciate it if you would let me in as a visitor or something!

Sorry, but entries for Kourse 1 are closed. Btw, we would have many more Kourses very soon (probably early in Jan). You should subscribe the the Klassroom forum so that you can keep track of the happenings.

5. Ingo Malchow says:

Also don’t forget, you can follow the kourse or read it afterwords. So you are not going to participate actively but all work will be archived and publicly available.