November - 26 - 2008

I cant help laughing at this. Yesterday, one of my friends came up my hostel room to take some documents from me, took out his USB flash drive, split it open and took the device out from it’s case, and plugged in my laptop’s port!
On asking why he did that, he said “Why? Don’t you know? I do this every time. I read somewhere that it works 200% faster when plugged in without it’s case.”

Really? My God!

I managed to click this on my phone (seeing his face turn a bit reddish at the same time!)

Don’t try this at home πŸ˜›

8 Responses to “Works faster oO”

1. nixternal says:

I have a ton of sticks that look just like that because the casings are typically junk and fall apart. These are the sticks you usually get for free from vendors and what not.

Anyways, 200% faster? Are you serious? Dude, it is like 300% faster! muheheheh πŸ™‚

2. ernetas says:

I’ve tried this on 2 USB flash drives before and the speed, believe me, didn’t changed πŸ˜‰ .

3. heathenx says:

Even if it’s not faster…it looks pretty damn cool. πŸ™‚

4. DaniΓ«l says:

meh i ripped the case from an external HD, changed nothing πŸ™

5. Michael Neilson says:

Damn man, I ripped open my USB pendrive after reading your post and now it is not working at all. I think I broke the IC. What should I do? It is a 32GB pendrive I purchased yesterday and the retailers are refusing to replacing on warranty.

Help me man, please πŸ™

@Michael Neilson

Help me man, please πŸ™

Err, this was supposed to be a joke. Did you not read my post?

Don’t try this at home πŸ˜›

Sorry for your loss.

7. Michael Neilson says:

Bad day, really. On an attempt to fix my pendrive, I might have managed to short circuit it or something. As I plugged it into the USB port, it did not do anything, but now my USB port doesn’t seem to work at all.

Oh man, I should have read your post carefully. It just cost me a laptop’s port and a microvault. It’s not your fault but mine. πŸ™

I strongly recommend that you do not attempt to do anything else without proper technical support. I would also suggest you to contact your laptop’s technical assistance.

Best of luck.